We are proud to annouce the participation of DigitalOcean as JOMLAUNCH Asia’s Cloud Partner. And in conjunction with JOMLAUNCH Asia, DigitalOcean is running a special event we call the DigitalOcean App Platform Challenge.
This is where you will stand a chance to win $500 in DigitalOcean credit and also swags.
So here is how it is going down.
DigitalOcean and its Developer Cloud simplify modern app creation for new generations of developers — from individual developers to startups and SMBs. Its infrastructure and platform-as-a-service (IaaS and PaaS) solutions provide a “no DevOps required” experience, allowing developers to focus their energy on creating innovative software. By combining the power of simplicity, love for the developer community, an obsession for customer service, and the advantages of open source, DigitalOcean brings software development within technical and economic reach of anyone around the world. For more information, visit digitalocean.com or follow @digitalocean on Twitter.
DigitalOcean App Platform Challenge at JOMLAUNCH
What: The challenge will kick-off on 23rd Nov from 3 PM MYT, with a technical session covering an overview of the recently launched DigitalOcean App Platform along with a demo.
Attendees will build apps using App Platform and will have until Fri, 27th Nov morning 10 AM to submit their entries. All participants will get $100 worth of cloud credits to get started.
How to participate:
- Create a DO account, or use your existing one. NOTE: The $100 credit is applicable only for new accounts.
- Create an app and deploy it on DigitalOcean App Platform. Reach out to our community platform if you have any questions. DO team will also be available at the networking lounge on Airmeet during the week.
- Provide the app’s public url, screenshot, description and source code as part of your submission on Nov 27th.
- Submit your app links via this form (https://do.co/app-challenge — will be live during JOMLAUNCH)
- No changes are allowed after the submission on 27th till results are announced.
- Share on social media channels tagging @DigitalOcean and @Jomlaunch
- Results will be announced on 28th at 10 AM.
Minimum criteria to qualify:
- The app must be deployed on DigitalOcean App Platform with a working public URL
Participants can choose any of the below themes for their submissions:
- Deploy existing apps to App Platform
- Portfolio sites: developer portfolio sites to showcase your work
- Apps that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth.
- Video streaming or gaming apps
- Apps to help stay connected, tracker for online events.
The top 3 winners will be announced at the DO session on 28th.
Prizes include cloud credits worth $500 and a $50 gift coupon to purchase swag from the DigitalOcean swag store.
Apps submitted will need to be working. Entries will be evaluated based on:
a) Creativity in solving a problem defined in the categories above
b) Overall quality, execution and working of the app
c) Usage of DigitalOcean’s App platform and google form submission
d) Additional points for using workers and DB
DigitalOcean Special offer for App Platform Challenge Participants
a) All App Platform Challenge participants are eligible to receive $100 worth of cloud credits from DigitalOcean. You can sign up for an account using the below link to receive the credits:
Offer detail: http://do.co/jomlaunch
– A valid payment method will be required to sign up for the account. You may be charged a
$1 pre-auth during sign-up which will be reversed.”
b) Here’s a short video on signing up for a DigitalOcean (sample is for $50) account:
c) You can refer to the tutorials here for any further help on getting started with DigitalOcean:
d) For any issues related to creating an account or redeeming credits on DigitalOcean, please open a support ticket by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address.
You can find some reference apps built on the App Platform here: https://www.digitalocean.com/use-cases/